"I got a fan letter from a young lady. It was a suicide note.
So I called her, and I said, "Hey, this is Jimmy Doohan. Scotty, from Star Trek." I said, "I’m doing a convention in Indianapolis. I wanna see you there."
I saw her — boy, I’m telling you, I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was definitely suicide. Somebody had to help her, somehow. And obviously she wasn’t going to the right people.
I said to her, "I’m doing a convention two weeks from now in St. Louis." And two weeks from then, in somewhere else, you know? She also came to New York - she was able to afford to got to these places. That went on for two or three years, maybe eighteen times. And all I did was talk positive things to her.
And then all of the sudden — nothing. I didn’t hear anything. I had no idea what had happened to her because I never really saved her address.
Eight years later, I get a letter saying, "I do want to thank you so much for what you did for me, because I just got my Master’s degree in electronic engineering.”
That’s…to me, the best thing I’ve ever done in my life.”
As a texan, I can assure you this is one hundred percent real.
I am also a Texan and this is exactly how our state is
Winchester is sick :c
US counties with In N Out Burger
why salt lake city and city in texas that I will never be able to identify got in n out
A moment of double double silence for everybody in the grey zone.
Frisco, Texas, ladies and gents. It is basically the suburbs of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and despite the fact that none of us have heard of it, it’s apparently one of the best places in the country to live. High growth rate, lower poverty rate than most of the country, and they have In N Outs.
Every time I go to DFW/Plano I eat as much in-n-out as humanly possible. I have had such a huge crush on this restaurant forever and I’m so happy to have them in my state now, even if i have to drive four hours to get some.
6. Last song I listen to - Black Betty Bamblam
20. Three things that make me happy - Alpacas, antique shops, walking places instead of driving.
31. My pets - I have a black and white tuxedo cat named Winchester. He is sometimes cute and nice but mostly he’s the antichrist and pees on us while we are asleep.
37. Three habits I have - Procrastinating everything, cutting myself off from human contact, messy as fuck.
39. Something I fantasize about - living in a post apocalyptic dystopian future, living in cold war america, whatever fandom I’m in at the moment. I spend a lot of my time in my head.
On its opening weekend, the film outgrossed Wes Craven's landmark slasher A Nightmare on Elm Street, which also opened the same day. Before being pulled from theaters, it grossed $2,491,460 at the box office, still making the film a success against its $750,000 budget.